Head of Business Operations and Finance
As the Head of Finance and Business Operations at Wonderschool you will be the go to person on everything related to unit economics, finance, accounting, burn analysis, and projections. We work with a great third party accounting team and you will work with them to get the information needed to run monthly reports.
This is a full time job based in San Francisco, CA. We are not looking for remote team members. You will report to the CEO.
The best candidate for this role is energized and passionate about working at an early-stage mission driven startup.
You have worked at an Investment Bank or accounting firm in the past, and you have experience in a finance, accounting, or controller role at a startup. You’ve either been a finance leader at your organization or you have the relevant experience to step up to that role.
You understand P&L’s, cash flow statements, burn analysis, and unit economics cold. You can explain our finances to the executive team, employees, and investors with ease and you understand how to tailor the message to each constituent.
You are excited about doing more than just finance. You want to think legal, product, compliance, and growth decisions.
- Strategy: You will help us determine our burn rate, determine which directions to take the business, build finance dashboards, etc.
- Burn Analysis: Track burn and report to executive team on investors
- Unit economics: Lead of all of our unit economics modeling. Manage LTV, CAC, Payback Period for different cohorts of customers.
- Detailed tracking: Track spend across every school to assess opportunities and risks
- Measurement: Track variable expenses across the company and identify areas for efficiencies
- Manage: Manage third party accounting team and hire additional contractors when necessary.
- Projections: Build projections to assist in decision making
- Contracts: Work with legal contractors to draft contracts, review contracts, and sign off on contracts
- Negotiate: Negotiate third party contracts with vendors and service providers
- Experienced: 4+ year finance experience
- Have been the Business Operations and Finance lead or a manger for 2+ years at a startup
- 2+ years Consulting or Investment Banking experience
- Mastered financial modeling with Excel
- Strong communicator with team and investors - both oral and written
- Must live in San Francisco or nearby suburb. We are looking for a new colleague who can make it to the office daily.
- Private equity experience
- A JD
- SQL experience
Wonderschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company. We anticipate a salary of $110K to 150K for this role.