Head of Content Marketing
You will design, develop, and execute our content marketing strategy with the goal of establishing Wonderschool a thought leader in early childhood education and driving the acquisition of new parents and teachers in a scalable way.
The Head of Content Marketing will lead our strategy to devise and create content that generates leads.
We currently have a team of 2 writers who create content for our blog (http://blog.wonderschool.com). You will manage and grow this team to achieve your and company goals.
This is a full time job based in San Francisco, CA. We are not looking for remote team members. You will report to the CEO and work closely with marketing contractors focused on analytics and PR to achieve marketing goals.
The best candidate for this role is energized and passionate about working at a very early-stage startup, and demonstrates the commitment, grit and creativity this requires.
You’ve likely been a content leader at previous organizations. You’re an amazing writer, an expert with SEO, and leverage data to make smart editorial and distribution decisions. You’ve managed writers before and have a successful track record using email, blog posts, and social channels to raise awareness about products, drive leads that convert, and establish high-level thought leadership.
- Write content, build and manage content team: Write content monthly for the blog, and build a team of both full-time and contract employees to produce high-quality content at scale across different channels.
- Produce content for acquiring teachers and parents: Generate content that is easily discoverable through search, driving leads from the blog or homepage.
- Drive teacher leads and parent leads for Wonderschool: Work with the Wonderschool executive team to set lead goals for content and develop strategies to hit lead goals
- Establish Wonderschool as a Thought Leader: Write comprehensive content that resonates with parents and teachers, that answers their pressing questions, and serves as valuable resource for early education information. Create partnerships with other outlets and blogs to grow our brand reach.
- World-class writer: You’ve worked as a professional writer for a number of years, leveraging a keen sense of audience needs and producing high-quality, high-volume writing on a consistent basis.
- Experienced manager: You’ve led teams of writers before. You’ve set deadlines for them, you’ve edited their content, and you’ve organized and executed on a complex editorial calendar with a lot of moving pieces.
- Amazing editor: You can take a 6 and make it a 9, and you can coach writers to uplevel their own writing.
- Very strategic: You can work with goals set by an executive team and develop strategies to hit goals.
- Testing different marketing channels: You are experienced with email marketing, blogs, and social media, and you can test headlines and content on each using off the shelf analytics tools to define success and where to double down. Really strong with SEO: You are often the most knowledgeable SEO expert in the room.
- 5+ years content marketing experience
- Startup experience
- Has experience developing and scaling a content strategy
- Has experience writing content for parents of children under the age of 5
- Has experience writing content for preschool teachers
Wonderschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company. We anticipate a salary of $125,000 + equity for this role.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!