Partnership Coordinator & Founding WonderCorps Member - San Francisco
We are on a mission to transform early childhood education to ensure every child has access to early education that helps them realize their potential.
To advance this mission, we’re hiring 15+ Partnership Coordinators & founding WonderCorps members in San Francisco this spring. These emerging leaders will join a cohort of emerging leaders who will empower educators, create childcare solutions, and help build our fast-growing company. The inaugural WonderCorps cohort will launch in April and May 2019. Join us!
In California alone, 75% of kids are unable to find a spot in a childcare program and early childhood teachers earn around $38,000 per year. Wonderschool is building a platform to solve both these problems. We’re bringing high-quality childcare and preschool to millions of children who don’t have access today, and creating opportunities for teachers to do what they love while doubling their income.
We partner with teachers to open neighborhood schools in their own homes. We support teachers through licensing, marketing, and business administration so they can focus on what they do best - delivering great care and quality education to students.
Our tech is focused on creating an efficient marketplace for families and preschools through web and mobile tools. Teachers can promote their programs, handle paperwork and payments, and communicate with parents and fellow teachers. Parents can explore programs, schedule tours, and submit payments that are fast and secure.
Wonderschool is based in San Francisco and backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Omidyar Network, Gary Community Investments, First Round Capital and several other top-tier investors.
Fast Company named Wonderschool one of the world's 10 most innovative companies in education. Read more about Wonderschool in TechCrunch, Business Insider, Forbes, Black Enterprise, and NY1.
What You’ll Do:
- Be relentless about building our brand and growing our operations in your market
- Help identify and bring on new teachers to open in-home childcare and preschools
- Support Wonderschool teachers through the licensing process
- Help teachers set up awesome schools - from finding the right curriculum to establishing competitive pricing to setting up a quality environment for students and families
- Coach teachers through the process of marketing their program and enrolling new students
- Keep teachers energized and motivated throughout their journey of setting up their school
- Provide ongoing support to directors once their program is up and running
- Build a strong and connected community of Wonderschool teachers in the area - by planning and hosting community events, sharing best practices and more!
- Support our strategy and operations to ensure we have the best programs in the right locations in your area
- Maintain an expert level of understanding of all features and services that Wonderschool offers
- Are a people person who absolutely loves helping people and feels excited to spend 90% time interacting with customers
- Are extremely positive, optimistic, enthusiastic and high-energy —you always see the best in other people
- Strive to do your best work at all times, and to provide top service and hospitality to teammates and customers
- Juggle competing priorities gracefully
- Feel comfortable working in an environment where change is constant
- Have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills - and balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast
- Are hungry to learn, passionate about our mission, and have a strong desire to win!
- Have an undergraduate degree
- Are an early-career professional (0-3 years work experience) seeking work in a fast-paced, client-facing environment
What You’ll Get From Us:
- A true startup experience - no bureaucracy and the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on a growing business
- A culture of autonomy and accountability
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you’re maxing out on learning, growth and impact ... and getting recognized for the great work you do along the way
- A mission-driven company with the opportunity to have a direct impact on the lives of students, families and teachers
- A competitive compensation package, generous vacation policy, and top-quality medical, dental and vision plans
- Camaraderie from a high-energy atmosphere that tackles big goals, learns from losses and celebrates wins as a team
This role is based in our SF office, located in the Mission district.
- Step 1: complete short application
- Step 2: complete one-way video interview and provide three references
- Step 3: complete in-person interviews and simulation