Head of Marketing
At Wonderschool, we are focused on the acquisition of new teachers who will start Wonderschool programs, as well as parents who will enroll their children in Wonderschool programs. You will work with us to develop our strategy to build depth in the markets we are in (San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York) and develop our go to market strategy for new markets.
We work with a great growth agency, a performance marketing agency, and remote teams who handle content and operational marketing for the schools with whom we partner. We have previously worked with a PR team as well. You will assume responsibility for all of the the marketing process and strategies created thus far and pull them together into one central marketing strategy.
This role is for you if you are looking to be the first marketing hire at a high growth marketplace. The role is ideal for an experienced marketer who has worked on great marketing teams and is now looking to take a leadership role.
The right person for this job is beyond excited to put in the work to succeed at a startup and take on the challenges of putting in 110%, being adaptable as we learn, and working with the team we have in place to achieve our goals.
You will shine at connecting with parents and child care providers. You are a strategic thinker, very analytical, process driven, and excel at hitting goals. You have experience working with multiple personalities to achieve goals.
You are extremely excited about working with an engineering and design team to build world class product and you have experience building product in the past whether it was your main role or on a team doing so.
You have experience managing individuals and wearing many hats to achieve personal and company goals.
- Leading marketing for student enrollment at Wonderschool programs throughout California and New York City. You will activate and evaluate the channels we currently use to raise awareness about Wonderschool programs in local communities. You will work with Wonderschool teachers who have started programs, as well as with and our engineering and design team, to develop product that will be used for teachers to evaluate their marketing.
- You will work with the executive team to develop and execute on KPI’s.
- You will manage the remote marketing teams we have developed - growth, content, and social.
- You will lead content strategy for our blog, email, and social channels.
- You will build the Wonderschool brand locally and nationally.
- Marketing mind: You know how to understand of needs of customers and craft tastable messages that will lead to conversion.
- Analytical skills: You are comfortable gathering data, analyzing data, presenting data, and making decisions with data. You have shown this in the past. Strong Excel skills.
- Problem solving skills: You are a natural at asking the right questions, active listening, researching, and coming up with the right process to test assumptions to come up with solutions to problems presented you in many facets of a business.
- Scale & Process oriented: You have experience creating and implementing processes at scale. You know how to test new processes and ensure they are repeatable for different types of customers.
- Experience with automation: You have worked on a team that has built automated processes in the past.
- Emotional Intelligence: You are able to read people well and adapt your communication style to effectively support many different personality types with different levels of prior knowledge and experience.
- Self-starter: Many of the systems & processes that we need have yet to be built. Our ideal candidate has no problem rolling up their sleeves and pitching in to figure out how to best build new processes. We're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble, doesn't have an ego… a positive outlook and sense of humor will serve you well.
- Live in San Francisco or willing to move
- 6+ years of marketing experience
- Experiencing impacting an organization, team, club, group of people.
- Management consulting experience
- Experience with SQL
- Worked as an educator in the past
Wonderschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company. We anticipate a salary of $120,000 + equity for this role.