Senior UX Designer
At Wonderschool (www.wonderschool.com) our mission is to provide quality childcare to every child in the world. There is a major shortage of childcare and preschools in the United States and we believe one of the best ways to increase access for families is to grow supply through starting in-home child care and preschools. We work with talented teachers and parents to start high-quality, licensed in-home early childhood programs. We provide assistance with licensing, setting up a classroom, setting pricing, building a website, managing payments, and everything in between. Our software allows teachers to manage their students, parents, and school from one dashboard; reducing administrative stress and burden and allowing teachers to focus on what they do best – caring for and educating children. Parents come to Wonderschool to find programs, schedule visits, enroll their children, and make payments.
We currently have a presence in the greater New York area and in the West Coast and are focused on partnering with additional talented educators and caregivers to offer programs in their communities.Wonderschool is based in San Francisco and venture backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Omidyar, Gary Community Investments, First Round Capital and a number of other respected Seed and VC firms.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Senior Designer will play an integral role in defining Wonderschool’s UX on both the teacher and parent side, by delivering exceptional design and experiences throughout the product lifecycle. We are looking for a motivated full stack designer with strong desktop & mobile design and prototyping skills, who can sell their ideas to stakeholders and counterparts.
We will only consider candidates with portfolios (online or emailed).
- Help elevate the user experience of Wonderschool, which includes various apps, websites & marketing materials, by developing user stories, wireframes, research plans and prototypes.
- Create high-fidelity mockups and UX patterns that are implementation-ready.
- Contribute to our design style guide for consistent use across our brand.
- Actively seek to deeply understand our customer through user research & competitive analysis, as well as our business goals, through communication with stakeholders and team.
- Actively build a strong relationship with product and development teams, as well as business leadership, marketing and sales teams to design a world-class consumer experience.
- 5+ years of UX/UI experience on consumer-facing products
- Strong visual design skills
- Love to design simple, functional, beautiful interfaces
- Experienced with user research and user testing
- Proactive and curious
- A happy collaborator (no divas or enfants terribles, please)
- Great communicator and defender of your design choices
- Experienced designing in an Agile environment with a cross-functional team
- Experienced working with startups
- Bonus: HTML/CSS prototyping skill
- Marketplace experience
Wonderschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company.