Head of Growth - Demand Side
You will be the point person for new Directors as they navigate through the admissions phase of their setup process with Wonderschool. Our goal at Wonderschool is to build a scalable product that Directors can use to manage the entire experience of their school. Your goal will be to help Directors achieve their admissions goals (which typically means reaching their capacity as soon as possible) as quickly as possible using scalable cost effective channels.
Our goal is to empower Directors to handle a lot of the marketing themselves or use our platform for marketing and you will work with the CEO, engineering team, and design team to achieve these goals.
In this role you will be the point person to the executive team for parent growth. We expect you to hire and manage a team to enable you to hit your goals. You will work with the growth engineering team and manage the community success team.
The right person for this job is beyond excited to put in the work to succeed at a startup and take on the challenges of putting in 110%, being adaptable as we learn, and working with the team we have in place to achieve our goals.
You have experience communicating with mothers, you have experience recruiting experience educating and persuading people to do what’s in the best interest, you are competitive, a strategic thinker, very analytical, process driven, and excel at hitting goals. You have experience working with multiple personalities to achieve goals.
You are extremely excited about working with an engineering and design team to build world class product and you have experience building product in the past whether it was your main role or on a team doing so.
You have experience building and managing teams and are excited to both execute on tasks and also manage a team to execute on tasks.
- Discover new channels for parent acquisition: We are constantly looking for new cost effective channels to promote our schools. You will working on discovering these channels, running tests, and driving admissions through current and new channels.
- Write playbooks for Directors: We empower Directors to conduct marketing themselves. We also document our activities so new employees can follow a guide and so the engineering and design team have a process to use when developing product.
- Work with engineering and design to build product for Directors: Your goal will be to build processes and automate as much of your job as possible with the help of the engineering and design team. You will test processes without the help of the product team and then share learnings with the product to inform the product roadmap.
- Conduct the marketing process for Directors: When Directors aren’t able to complete the tasks or product isn’t place to automatically complete the task, you will step in and drive admissions for Directors. This can be more than 50% of the job at times and you will do what it takes to hit the goals for our Directors and the company.
- Build and manage a remote team to take on marketing tasks: We work with remote teams to build scalable tools that can’t be solved with software today and you will hire and manage these remote teams so we are able to hit our goals.
- Track Wonderschool phone calls: Parents often call to learn more about our programs. You will build a team to manage phone calls as they come in and manage conversion there.
- Build and manage dashboards: You will be build a dashboard to track the success of your marketing campaigns across different channels and markets. We expect you to be a wiz with Excel.
- Marketing mind: You know how to understand of needs of customers and craft tastable messages that will lead to conversion.
- Analytical skills: You are comfortable gathering data, analyzing data, presenting data, and making decisions with data. You have shown this in the past. Strong Excel skills.
- Problem solving skills: You are a natural at asking the right questions, active listening, researching, and coming up with the right process to test assumptions to come up with solutions to problems presented you in many facets of a business.
- Scale & Process oriented: You have experience creating and implementing processes at scale. You know how to test new processes and ensure they are repeatable for different types of customers.
- Experience with automation: You have worked on a team that has build automated processes in the past.
- Emotional Intelligence: You are able to read people well and adapt your communication style to effectively support many different personality types with different levels of prior knowledge and experience.
- Self-starter: Many of the systems & processes that we need have yet to be built. Our ideal candidate has no problem rolling up their sleeves and pitching in to figure out how to best build new processes. We're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble, doesn't have an ego… a positive outlook and sense of humor will serve you well.
- 3+ Years of startup experience
- 2+ Years of consultant, investment banking, or high growth early childhood education experience.
- Experiencing impacting an organization, team, club, group of people.
- Experience with SQL and R
- Worked at Bright Horizons or Creative Children’s Learning Centers
- Has started a successful Family Child Care center in the past
Wonderschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company. We anticipate a salary of $140K for this role.