SMB Account Executive
You will join the Director acquisition team, as the second employee on the team, to bring on new Directors. You will report the Head of Partnerships. At Wonderschool, Directors are the individuals that start programs out of their homes. They are generally former teachers or caregivers.
This is a unique role in that we expect you to work with us to build the foundation of what Director acquisition will look like as we scale from 100 programs to 1,000 and then 10,000. To do that, we are looking for someone to play full sales cycle role. We will need you to cold call and send cold emails, you will design and implement marketing strategies with the rest of the team, you will nurture prospective Directors, you will close Directors, and you will track their success on platform and use that information to inform what other types of Directors we pursue.
This is a full time job based in San Francisco, CA.
The right person for this job is beyond excited to put in the work to succeed at a startup and take on the challenges of putting in 110%, being adaptable as we learn, and working with the team we have in place to achieve our goals.
You have experience as an account executive or an SDR. You have experience with relationship sales--building a relationship and educating individuals on how our product and service can meet their needs. You are goal oriented and you have a proven track record of hitting quota at sales organizations you’ve been a part of. You are a great communicator both on the phone and with email. You have experience with cold calling.
- Find and close new teachers monthly: We set monthly growth goals for the number of Directors we need to close and you will work with the Director acquisition team to hit those goals. You will have a personal quota.
- Keep high integrity and find strong teachers: It’s very important that the Directors we bring on meet our quality standards and you will not let yourself, your peers, or the company lose sight of this. Work with Wonderschool team to build out the growth of the teacher recruiting team: Our sales team is in its infancy. You will work with us to develop processes to track success. You will bring your experience from other organizations to Wonderschool.
- Prospecting experience: You have one year of experience as an SDR.
- Able to connect with our Directors: You are able to build rapport with teachers and speak to their needs.
- Data driven: You have experience using data to inform your next actions. You track your calls, emails, and close rates, and you need this data to function.
- Willing to test: You understand how to test multiple approaches and share those learnings with your colleagues for the betterment of the team
- A leader: You were a leader at your prior organizations even if it didn’t reflect on your title. Your colleagues will speak to this.
- You are a world class communicator: You are world class on the phone and via email. You speak clearly, persuasively, and confidently.
- Startup experience
- 1+ years SMB sales experience
- 1+ years of SDR experience
- Worked at an organization tasked with recruiting early childhood educators
- Have started a business in the past
Wonderschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company. We anticipate OTE of $100,000 + equity for this role depending on experience level.